You may have gum disease and not even know it. One reason for that is because its symptoms tend to be minor and are frequently only truly felt after the disease has been developing for a while. Since it is often painless at first, some patients have gone months and even years without noticing the signs of gum disease. To make sure you spot gum disease early, be on the lookout for the following symptoms:
– Do your gums appear swollen, bleeding, or visibly more red than usual?
– Are you taking any medications that produce dry mouth as a side effect?
– Do your teeth feel loose?
– Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?
– Do you have chronic or recurring bad breath?
– Are your gums constantly sore or extra sensitive?
– Are your gums pulling back from your teeth and exposing more surface area of your teeth?
If you notice signs of gum disease, you need to seek treatment. Durango Dentistry in Durango, Colorado, remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to schedule an appointment with us by calling 970.259.1646. Dr. Dr. Greg Mann and Dr. Ross Owens and our team will give you the treatment you need. Make time to improve your smile for lasting happiness.