Your smile is one of your greatest assets, so make sure to do your part to protect it any chance you get. Do not let the joys of life distract you from the small tasks that await you every day in your oral health care plan.
Your smile depends on all tasks involved, including brushing, flossing, and regular checkups with your dentist. Flossing is often neglected, so be sure to set aside a few minutes a day to ensure you partake in this ever-important task. Here are some guidelines to remember:
– Always practice safe and effective flossing habits to prevent damage to your gums and teeth.
– Remember to floss between each tooth including flossing behind the backs of your last teeth in each row.
– Use a floss that does not easily fray or tear during use.
– Be sure to visit our dentists at Durango Dentistry in Durango, Colorado, at least twice a year for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Never use the same strand of floss more than once.
– Always use an approved interdental cleaner such as dental floss or an approved tool recommended by your dentist.
– Look for products that have the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
It’s important to maintain safe and effective flossing habits. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Dr. Greg Mann and Dr. Ross Owens, please contact our office at 970.259.1646 to speak with a member of our outstanding team. Your perfect smile awaits!